[Catalyst] Re: Trimming and Quoting Oh My!

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 14:12:55 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 08:57:26AM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> The UsePerl post wasn't mine, but I feel akin to it. If people are
> participating in helping people, or asking for help via email, don't
> bitch about their email format. The alternative is that no one wants to
> participate on the list because rather than getting help, they're
> accosted by the email format police.

I wasn't trying to get all "email reply nazi" on everyone's ass. It just
seems to me that the list has become increasingly difficult to
read/parse over the last few weeks.

I was just hoping that people *might* want to consider trimming
unnecessary [and often] chunks of quoted material, just to "keep the
flow".

Also, if I'm looking at a post and it looks like the one I just read,
but with a different author, I'm not going to take the time to diff the
two posts on the off chance that there's something in there that might
be useful, or even rarer, that I can offer assistance with.

I know I'm not a prominent poster on this list, but from time to time I
do have answers and opinions that may actually be relevant.

Skipping over unreadable postings drastically reduces the chances of me
spotting that one post in six months that I can help with.

I'll just go back to skim-reading and lurking.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  One in a million chances happen nine times out of ten.