[Catalyst] Random rename.

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Wed Jul 25 16:14:18 GMT 2007

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

mreece at vinq.com wrote on 05/08/2007 09:14:53 AM:

> > On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 09:28:35AM +0100, Anthony Gardner wrote:
> >> I seem to remember hearing sth a few months ago about a comp between
> >> various MVC apps comprising of various teams / tasks / time limits
etc.

> >> Does anyone know what I'm talking about here?!
> >
> > If it was MVC, why would rails be included?
> >
> > --
> >      Matt S Trout        Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class
>
> what distinction are you making here to exclude rails from MVC?

> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote on 07/24/2007 06:11:19
PM:

"A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote on 07/25/2007 06:32:24 AM:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> look, it?s pretty simple: I like to help because it?s fun. If it
> becomes work, I lose interest. Make me jump through hoops to read
> your stuff and I just won?t. I assume I?m not the only one.
>
> Draw your own conclusions, make your own call.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 07:57:26
AM:

> A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> > Hi Christopher,
> >
> > look, it?s pretty simple: I like to help because it?s fun. If it
> > becomes work, I lose interest. Make me jump through hoops to read
> > your stuff and I just won?t. I assume I?m not the only one.
> >
> > Draw your own conclusions, make your own call.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> "Ya see Bob, it's not that I disagree with you or the original poster,
> it's that I just don't care."
>
> The UsePerl post wasn't mine, but I feel akin to it. If people are
> participating in helping people, or asking for help via email, don't
> bitch about their email format. The alternative is that no one wants to
> participate on the list because rather than getting help, they're
> accosted by the email format police.
>
> The world is full of battles; this need not be one of them.
> /me waves hand..."this isn't the argument you're looking for"
>
> :-)
>
> [attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Wade
> Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON]
> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 08:01:47
AM:

Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote on 07/25/2007 08:12:55 AM:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 08:57:26AM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> > The UsePerl post wasn't mine, but I feel akin to it. If people are
> > participating in helping people, or asking for help via email, don't
> > bitch about their email format. The alternative is that no one wants to
> > participate on the list because rather than getting help, they're
> > accosted by the email format police.
>
> I wasn't trying to get all "email reply nazi" on everyone's ass. It just
> seems to me that the list has become increasingly difficult to
> read/parse over the last few weeks.
>
> I was just hoping that people *might* want to consider trimming
> unnecessary [and often] chunks of quoted material, just to "keep the
> flow".
>
> Also, if I'm looking at a post and it looks like the one I just read,
> but with a different author, I'm not going to take the time to diff the
> two posts on the off chance that there's something in there that might
> be useful, or even rarer, that I can offer assistance with.
>
> I know I'm not a prominent poster on this list, but from time to time I
> do have answers and opinions that may actually be relevant.
>
> Skipping over unreadable postings drastically reduces the chances of me
> spotting that one post in six months that I can help with.
>
> I'll just go back to skim-reading and lurking.
>
> Chisel
> --
> Chisel Wright
> e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
> w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/
>
>   One in a million chances happen nine times out of ten.

> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Daniel McBrearty" <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 08:17:18
AM:

> i want to adopt side posting as a standard. I like that concept.
>
> emacs box-edit mode or some such crap ...

> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Daniel McBrearty" <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 08:18:29
AM:

Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote on 07/25/2007 08:25:20 AM:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 11:58:53PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > 3. People with plain text sigs with hard returns to keep the damn
things
> > to 78 chars
>
> *blush*
>
> Fixed, for its next random insertion *fnar*.
>
> --
> Chisel Wright
> e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
> w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/
>
>   My computer's so fast it finishes an infinite loop in 5 minutes.

> Searchable archive:

VERY important comment.

Daniel Hulme <st at istic.org> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:01:25 AM:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 08:57:26AM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> > The world is full of battles; this need not be one of them.
>
> But don't you see? Your "no holy wars" stance is itself a religious
> position. Perhaps I just don't spend enough time on Usenet, but I don't
> know anyone who actually *flames* people for their mail format or
> quoting style. (It could be said that not knowing such people means I
> spend exactly the right amount of time on Usenet.) The "mail format
> police" seems to exist entirely in the imagination of people like you,
> sir, trying to calm down holy wars that aren't really there :-)
>
> Let's not all put our peacemaker hats on over one friendly post
> reminding people to write in a way that people can easily read and
> understand. I agree with the OP to the extent that this list seems to
> frequently send me mail that I skip because there isn't any content on
> the first screenfull, but OTOH it seems to infrequently send me mail
> that I skip because the sender can't write comprehensible English. I
> suppose on the whole it balances out. But it's still reasonable to
> encourage reader-friendly quoting styles, just as it's still reasonable
> to encourage people to spell correctly.
>
> In his original post, Mr. Wright apologized for potentially starting an
> MUA or quoting flamewar. I don't think he anticipated starting a
> flamewar flamewar.
>
> --
> "I tried snorting coke once, but the bubbles went right up my nose and I
> knocked the glass over."   -- 'Sordid Confessions of a Teenage Innocent'
> http://surreal.istic.org/        Spoiler: 'Twas beauty killed the beast.
> [attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Wade
> Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON]
> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Daniel McBrearty" <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:10:42
AM:

Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:16:59 AM:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:10:42PM +0200, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> > this thread reminds me of why I sometimes wish I'd gone into marketing.
>
> *into* marketing? having worked in a marketing company I can say with
> confidence that *into* is definitely the wrong direction to be moving.
> ;-)
>
> --
> Chisel Wright
> e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
> w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/
>
>   The following sentence is true.
>   The previous sentence is false.

> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Daniel McBrearty" <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:33:25
AM:

> "over" marketing? "through" marketing ... "under" ...

> Searchable archive:

----- Forwarded by Wade Stuart/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on 07/25/07 10:09 AM
-----

"Christopher H. Laco" <claco at chrislaco.com> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:37:59
AM:

Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote on 07/25/2007 09:50:21 AM:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 04:33:25PM +0200, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> > "over" marketing? "through" marketing ... "under" ...
>
> "runawayscreamingfrom" - it's a new word created especially for the
> occasion.
>
> --
> Chisel Wright
> e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
> w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/
>
>   One in a million chances happen nine times out of ten.

> Searchable archive:

Good to know.  After reading this thread I lost track of the catalyst
question involved -- I knew I had the answer at one point.

-Wade

ps;

you may read the sarcasm as my request to drop this thread.