[Catalyst] Catalyst-Plugin-Compress-Zlib

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Thu Jul 26 18:20:59 GMT 2007

This plugin collection was last updated May 1st.

There's two pending bugs from three and seven months ago (both the
same issue, IIRC) and one includes a patch.

The problem is the plugin assumes $c->res->body is a scalar when it
could be a file handle.

The patch submitted does this:

    my $body = $c->response->body;
    $body = join "", $body->getlines if ref($body) =~ /IO/;

Looking at an existing version I hacked I see I did something a bit more
crude:

    my $body = $c->response->body;
    $body = join "\n", <$body> : $body if ref $body;

Next time an author has a few minutes could that fix be uploaded to
CPAN, please?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org