[Catalyst] Catalyst Newbie -> Installation/Quickstart Issues -> Vista

Jamie Nicholson jamie.nicholson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:52:44 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to install Catalyst on a new laptop which is running Vista,
Activestate - v5.8.8 - build [820].

After installing the catalyst-devel via ppm I've tried to run the 'perl
catalyst.pl MyApp' command but it just seems to hang, unless that's what
it's meant to do.

>perl catalyst.pl MyApp

Output

created "MyApp"
created "MyApp\script"
created "MyApp\lib"
created "MyApp\root"
created "MyApp\root\static"
created "MyApp\root\static\images"
created "MyApp\t"
created "MyApp\lib\MyApp"
created "MyApp\lib\MyApp\Model"
created "MyApp\lib\MyApp\View"
created "MyApp\lib\MyApp\Controller"
created "MyApp\myapp.yml"
created "MyApp\lib\MyApp.pm"
created "MyApp\lib\MyApp\Controller\Root.pm"
created "MyApp/README"

I figured this must of been the way I installed it so I've tried several
different web links, via ppm everything installs ok, but the example above
just hangs or I can't get to the end of the maze so to speak.

Links I've tried

http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2005-April/000119.html - was
close on this one, using the hops db
http://catalyst.infogami.com/install/windows - couldn't get the quickstart
going
http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/static/cat-install - balked on the command
line length, so i installed cygwin and it complained as well

Extra PPM Repositories used

trouchelle.com
theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca

Thats about it, any help, hints or tips would be appreciated.  I'm thinking
a new OS is probably the best place to start :)

Thanks

Jamie