[Catalyst] Use Undo on A List Apart

Matthieu Codron matthieu at codron.org
Sat Jul 28 17:22:36 GMT 2007

Le 28 juil. 07 à 14:05, Matt S Trout a écrit :

>> I like more the idea of a generic undo request. This could be part of
>> a plugin providing this action and the necessary infrastructure to
>> implement the "un-doing" of the action.
>
> I fail entirely to see why this should be a plugin rather than part
> of the
> model you're intending to make mutations upon undoable.

Maybe it does not have to be a plugin. But it can't be exclusively in
the model layer either, I guess? (I fail to see this one)
The original idea was to provide a generic /undo action to perform
the undo. The idea of tagging actions with a "Undoable" annotation
was to register the action with the undo framework on the controller
side, so that /undo knows where to forward the undo command.

The actual undoing could reside in the model.

>> This plugin could implement a simple version of the classic Memento
>> pattern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_pattern)
>
> I'd say DBIx-Class-Audit (currently in bast trunk pending more
> testing)
> already implements this pretty well for DBIC models - except it
> always saves
> the appropriate information, saving you needing to call anything at
> all to
> make the undo happen.

Did not know of that, thanks for the info!

--
Matthieu Codron
matthieu at codron.org