[Catalyst] Using other Modules

Adeola Awoyemi adeola at digitalcraftsmen.net
Fri Jun 1 12:08:12 GMT 2007

Sven Eppler wrote:
> So i'm asking for a way, i can tell "i need module X" so that perl can
> complain about it at apllication-start-time if it's not intalled but not
> carry the entire exported module stuff throughout my entire app if i only
> need it in one special place?

Hi Sven,

Add it to your Makefile.PL file to the list in the requires() directive:

requires(
   Crypt::PassGen => 0, # get the latest version
   );

This is the normal way of saying that an app needs a module when installing.

Hope this helps.

Adeola.

--
Creative Developer - Digital Craftsmen Ltd
Exmouth House, 3 Pine Street