[Catalyst] debug mode

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jun 5 14:06:10 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 10:30:49PM +1000, Charlie Garrison wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> On 5/6/07 at 1:17 AM +0100, Matt S Trout
> <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>
> >>in lib/MyApp.pm:
> >>  use Catalyst qw/
> >+MyApp::Plugin::DebugMode
> >>/;
> >
> >The + is important.
>
> Would you mind explaining that a bit further? Or pointing to
> documentation? When is it appropriate to use the + and what
> purpose does it serve?

The code effectively does

$plugin_class = (($name =~ /^\+(.*)) ? $1 : "Catalyst::Plugin::${name}");

:ActionClass behaves the same, as does DBIC's load_components.

All three are, I believe, documented, but my knowledge comes from involvement
(of varying extents) in the implementation of all three so I forget where :)