[Catalyst] Creating Good Adaptor or Bridge Models (WAS: Creating a thin Model)

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:44:37 GMT 2007

On 6/9/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> > I would change it to:
> >
> > setup_components:
> > ModelName:
> >   type: model
> >   class: Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema
> >   instantiate:
> >     schema_class: My::Schema
> >     connect_info: ....
> >
> > to get rid of the Model => model mapping.
>
> But then you'd need special case syntax to declare two types of cntroller
> of the same name somewhere. Ick.

OK - I don't like having semantics in the names, but there are
exceptions (for example the mapping of controller names to urls).  So
I don't care too much about that point.

How is the test case?  Did I miss something in it? (beside a test for
the COMPONENT call which, as I understand should be quite similar to
the one for the 'new' call).

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/