[Catalyst] DBIx::Class 0.07999_06 (aka 0.08 RC3) released

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:12:35 GMT 2007

Hi again,

A few small issues have been squashed since the last release
candidate, and in the process the exception system has been improved a
bit.  Sorry for the lengthy series of release candidates to test, but
I guess we should have expected this after an 11 month development
cycle.

I really hope/expect this is the last RC before 0.08, so please test
it.  If we don't hear any complaining about this one after a few days,
it will probably become 0.08 virtually unchanged.

You can download it from: http://www.dtmf.com/DBIx-Class-0.07999_06.tar.gz

It's on the way to CPAN too, but beware that some recent changes to
search.cpan.org are causing our recent development releases to not
show up there (don't even get me started on this issue...)

Post bugs to dbix-class at lists.rawmode.org and/or tell us on
#dbix-class on irc.perl.org

Changes:

0.07999_06 2007-06-13 04:45:00
        - tweaked Row.pm to make last_insert_id take multiple column names
        - Fixed DBIC::Storage::DBI::Cursor::DESTROY bug that was
          messing up exception handling
        - added exception objects to eliminate stacktrace/Carp::Clan
          output redundancy
        - setting $ENV{DBIC_TRACE} defaults stacktrace on.
        - added stacktrace option to Schema, makes throw_exception
          use "confess"
        - make database handles use throw_exception by default
        - make database handles supplied by a coderef use our
          standard HandleError/RaiseError/PrintError
        - add "unsafe" connect_info option to suppress our setting
          of HandleError/RaiseError/PrintError
        - removed several redundant evals whose sole purpose was to
          provide extra debugging info
        - fixed page-within-page bug (reported by nilsonsfj)
        - fixed rare bug when database is disconnected inbetween
          "$dbh->prepare_cached" and "$sth->execute"

-- Brandon