[Catalyst] :Template() Attribute

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 14:36:56 GMT 2007

--- Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> When we are at this View refactoring.  When changing
> the template you
> need to put the whole path on stash ( $c->stash(
> template =
> template_path/template.tt) ).  What I would propose
> is that the view
> automatically used the $c->action->namespace as the
> template_path - so
> that you would not need to specify the full path -
> only the template
> name.
>
> This would mean less typing in most common case but
> also should be
> useful when inheriting from a base controller -
> since it would
> automatically adjust the template paths - and that
> is what you need in
> most cases as well.  The ideal would be if it would
> search the
> template directories of respective controller
> classes in the
> inheritance tree - but I have no idea how to
> accomplish that.

I'm not sure how far we want to go; do we want one
uber base class or a simple base with 'plugins' for
extra behavior?  Because I can think of lots of stuff
I'd like to use for some situations.  For example I
have cases where for all templates in a given
directory I want to set a particular WRAPPER for my
Template toolkit, etc.

--john