[Catalyst] Adding DBIC schema causes TT error

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Jun 21 18:57:56 GMT 2007

Good morning,

On 21/6/07 at 6:31 PM +0100, Matt S Trout
<dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

>> Is one of those a 'preferred' method for setting the default view?
>
>Well, one is global and one is per-request.
>
>So both are preferred for their specific purpose :)

I figured as much and I appreciate the clarification. I had
already gone with the global (config) approach.

>>  Is the problem I encountered symptomatic of a bug within
>>Catalyst that needs to be fixed? As a 'quick' solution can I
>>suggest the Catalyst debug output show which view is being
>>used.  Knowing that a different view was being used would have
>>saved me  many hours on this.
>
>I think we'll probably make the fallthrough regex either warn or (if nobody's
>actually relying on it, which I -hope- they aren't) simply not exist in 5.80.
>
>I've never seen it mentioned in over a year except as a causer of bugs, so
>I think it may be time to screw backcompat on that particular misfeature and
>do something more sensible.

Sounds good to me. I've been really impressed with Catalyst so
far, and getting rid of 'unexpected' behaviour would be a good thing.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Charlie

--
    Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
    PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt