[Catalyst] displaying email addresses

Wade.Stuart at fallon.com Wade.Stuart at fallon.com
Thu Jun 28 17:16:29 GMT 2007

Chisel Wright <chisel at herlpacker.co.uk> wrote on 06/28/2007 10:54:00 AM:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 06:31:28PM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> > Those harversters should have a Javascript interpreter that will
compile
> > the js code and extract the results, and I think most of them don't
have
> > such a thing.
> >
> > I have never used a JS interpreter in perl, but I want to try a few
modules
> > that could run JS code, and I hope I will find a way of making the code
as
> > hard to read as possible.
>
> Maybe this will be of some interest:
>
>   http://www.bronze-age.com/nospam/

This is kind of exactly what I am saying.  If this is widely used you do
not need to interpret javascript -- just be able to pull out an email
address from:
mail2("nobody","fake.address9z",0,"","Mr Nobody") which is an easy task.
The ones that would make you interpret js are the ones that build out
script sections on the fly with obfued structures and even then could many
times be parsed without interpreting js.

Process for email harvester coders:

find a way email addresses are encoded on a target site.
create a test to lock down the encoding type.
create parser/extractor for it.
rinse and repeat.