[Catalyst] reserved words

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:05:35 GMT 2007

From: Jason Kohles =

    Hi,

    Please tell me how can I find the list of reserved words that cannot be=
 used as names for views, controllers, models, $c->stash elements...

    For example I have seen that the name of the application is also found =
in $c->stash->{name}. $c->stash->{template} is also special.

    I have also tried to create a view with the name "Show", and I have rec=
eived the following error in the browser:

    Caught exception in TranzactiiBursiere::View::Show->process "Tranzactii=
Bursiere::View::Show directly inherits from Catalyst::View. You need to
    inherit from a subclass like Catalyst::View::TT instead.

    If I changed the name of that view to "Html", it worked fine, with no e=
rrors...

  This is the error message you get if you create a subclass of Catalyst::V=
iew that doesn't implement a process() method.  It probably doesn't have an=
ything to do with the name of the module...

  I have tried:

  perl script/myapp_create.pl view Show

  After restarting the application, it gives that error. If I do instead:

  perl script/myapp_create.pl view Html

  The application works fine after restarting it. Am I doing something wron=
g?

  Thanks.

  Octavian