[Catalyst] html mail (was: reserved words)

Goetz Bock bock+catalyst at blacknet.de
Thu Mar 8 10:09:26 GMT 2007

Dear subscribers,

while totally of topic, could you please _try_ to write mails that can
be read with a good old text (as in text/plain) only mail reader?

I know that windows users are naturally challenged regarding email,
but there are a lot of useable MUAs for windows, too.
OTOH judging from the headers of this thread neither $foo-WebMail nor
apple mail are any better if the user does not care.

This two links might be a worthwhile further reading:
- Configuring Mail Clients to Send Plain ASCII Text
  http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
- ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  http://arc.pasp.de/

And related:
- Learn to quote:

I've intentionally placed my part on top, as it's unrelated to the thread.
And I've kept an edited and annotated version of the mail I replied to
underneath to illustrate how it looks in my MUA (mutt).

Thanks for listening,
    Goetz.

[ The mail that started this thread would have benn on the top level, level 1 ]
[ Octavian's reply to John's reply to Octavian's reply ... (level 5) ]
> Ok, thank you all for your help.
>
> Octavian

[ John's post (in reply to Octavian's initial mail, therefor level 2) ]

[ Octavian's reply to John (level 3) ]
>       I have tried:
>
>       perl script/myapp_create.pl view Show

[ 8 lines removed ]
>       Octavian

[ John's other mail (probably level 2)
>     I'd personally be interested in seeing what the generated files look like.  Could you attach them in your response (or post them someplace we can see?)

[ Octavian's reply (probably level 3)]
>     Hi,
>
>     Here is the first one (Show.pm):

[ 59 lines removed ]
>     Thanks.

[ John's mail, a reply to Octavians reply (=> level 4)]
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de