[Catalyst] Performance

Perrin Harkins pharkins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:23:14 GMT 2007

On 3/8/07, Jim Spath <jspath at pangeamedia.com> wrote:
> On our development machine I ran myapp_server.pl through Devel::DProf,
> hit it with a bunch of requests using ab, and got the following output:

Where's DBI?  Did you sort this by wall time (-r flag)?

> Lastly, Template seems to be taking up around 6%.  I suppose I could try
> caching template output, but that will take some doing, as every page on
> our site can vary per user.

You can try my Template::Plugin::Cache module if you like.  It caches
the output of included templates so you can cache parts of a page
instead of all of it.  I have a patch from Peter Karman that makes it
play nicely with Catalyst's cache plugins.  There are also some things
you can do to improve TT performance, which have been discussed before
here and on the TT list.

- Perrin