[Catalyst] Re: html mail (was: reserved words)

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sat Mar 10 01:54:38 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 March 2007 02:19, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Jason Kohles <email at jasonkohles.com> [2007-03-08 20:00]:
> > Ok, so you don't like the way this mail is displayed by your
> > mail  reader, and therefore in order to get mail displayed in
> > your mail  reader the way you want it, the rest of the world
> > must change?
>
> Look, the issue is pretty simple: if you want people’s time, and
> for free no less, you should not set up a barrier to entry to
> even finding out what you wanted from them. The onus is on those
> who want something, to not inconvenience those who might provide
> it. In this case a particular subscriber wants something from the
> other subscribers, ie. help; the other subscribers have no
> specific want or need to read his mails.

This is spot on.  I looked at the thread, couldn't make heads or tails of who
was saying what, and just skipped it.

One thing that bugs me is this style (not going to name names):

> --Orignal message:---
> 100 pages of text.
>
> No indication that the original message is over, but a reply anyway.
> Regards, person that replied

I can't read that.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,