[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::DateTime

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Mon Mar 12 13:40:21 GMT 2007

On Mar 10, 2007, at 12:14 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 06:33:22AM +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to install Catalyst::Plugin::DateTime under Windows
>> using the
>> cpan shell, but I have recieved the error below.
>> I have also previously set the environment variable TZ=+02:00 but
>> it still
>> can't find the time zone.
>> Is there anything I can do to install this Catalyst Plugin under
>> Windows?
>
> What does that plugin offer over the standard DateTime module?

Nothing except the ability to say $c->datetime or $c->dt.  In fact,
this is the entirety of the code of the module....

sub datetime {
         my $c = shift;
         my %params = @_;
         my $tz = delete $params{time_zone} || 'local';

         # use params if argued
         if (%params) {
                 return DateTime->new(\%params)->set_time_zone($tz);
         }
         else { # otherwise use now
                 return DateTime->now(time_zone => $tz);
         }
}

# alias $c->dt
*dt = \&datetime;

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire