[Catalyst] Good Resources for cutting edge/best practices

Mesdaq, Ali amesdaq at websense.com
Tue Mar 13 23:27:40 GMT 2007

Does anyone know of a site(s) or book(s) that is a good resource for
perl web development? I have already done searches and have books but
some feedback from you guys would be great as well.

Its been sometime since I developed on the web and things have changed A
LOT! So I would like to get up to speed with certain areas. I am already
leaning heavily towards catalyst which should kinda enforce certain best
practices. However I do need to catch up with everything and I would
like to do it from a perl programming perspective. Most of the online
web development stuff is php/.net based. I like the perl resources that
specifically discuss which modules or techniques work best and
advantages/disadvantages for each so you can pick what's best for you.

Some of the areas I would specifically like to learn about are:
- table-less pages
- perl templating (already started a thread on that)
- Website security
- Ajax (basics, advanced, security)
- Advanced javascript
- Best practices (string validation, etc)
- SEO techniques (urls, content placement, etc)
- Must have tools (json, mochikit, etc)

The ideal resource would be some website that discusses each topic in
different articles and howtos for perl.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq
Security Researcher