[Catalyst] PageCache and Apache

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Thu Mar 15 13:08:37 GMT 2007

vti scribbled on 3/13/07 3:12 PM:
> Hi
>
> I have something strange happening while using PageCache plugin and Apache
> server. When plugin has cached a page the next request i get 550 error
> response, next time i refresh everything is ok, next time again 550.

I have had this same error. It seems to happen especially with FireFox. My
workaround was to explicitly set 'set_http_headers' to 0 in my page_cache
config. That turns off the cache headers that tell your browser it's ok to cache
the page locally, which means each request will get a fresh copy from the
server. But since that fresh copy is cached on the server, it seemed a fair
tradeoff to me if it solved the problem.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com