[Catalyst] Weak reference error

Anatoly Bashmakov anatoly.bashmakov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:16:24 GMT 2007

    Hi Kennedy!

    Thank you for your reply!
    I do force install Scalar::Util but it doesn't help :-(. The same error.
May be I do something wrong. I switched to centos-4.3. Can you please remember
how exactly you install cat?
    How do you uninstall previously installed Scalar::Util? I just removed files:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/List/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Scalar/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/List/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm

    After force install I have these files:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/List/Util.pm

    And another question. I need to downgrade Compress::Zlib, because build of PAR::Packer
fails. Is that right thing to do?

    I checked install par package on Fedora Core 6 and it works there, but
unfortunately I have to deploy app on FC4 or centos-4.3

> PS -- Your english looks great to me.  No need to apologize. :-)
    Well, thanks :-)

Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 07:42:34AM -0400, hkclark at gmail.com написал:
> On 3/15/07, Anatoly Bashmakov <anatoly.bashmakov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hello, list!
>
>     I have a problem running par catalyst distribution. Error was
>
>     $ parl test1.par test1_server.pl
>     Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl at Catalyst.pm
>     line 22
>     BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Catalyst.pm line 22.
>     Compilation failed in require at Test1.pm line 16.
>     BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Test1.pm line 16.
>     Compilation failed in require at ./script/test1_server.pl line 56
>
>     Standalone script ./script/test1_server.pl works fine.
>
>         OS Fedora core 4. I was trying with perl-5.8.6 (in linux distro)  and
>     with  perl-5.8.8 (built from source) .
>         After googling and searching list archives I found similar problems on
>     Windows and with mod_perl
>     but I could not find solution.
>         The problem probably appears because of Scalar::Util. There is really 2
>     Scalar::Util both in perl from
>     distro and in perl from source. I tried with both(removing another) with no
>     success. Then I tried to build
>     Scalar-List-Utils-1.14 and 1.16-19. The same error.
>

> Hi Anatoly,
>
> Apparently Red Hat typeically builds Scalar::Util without the XS option.  I was
> able to fix this on CentOS/RHEL with:
>
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> force install Scalar::Util
>
> Regards,
> Kennedy
>
> PS -- Your english looks great to me.  No need to apologize. :-)

Anatoly