[Catalyst] Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::CatalystBasics[error]Couldn't render template "undef error - status_msg is undefined

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Fri Mar 16 03:48:17 GMT 2007

Kennedy wrote:
> It was my hope that this warning would help people remember to turn
> it off:
> NOTE: Please be sure to disable TT debug options before continuing
> the tutorial (especially the 'undef' option -- leaving this enabled
> will conflict with several of the conventions used by this tutorial
> and TTSite to leave some variables undefined on purpose).

I remember reading that, but couldn't figure out what it meant in regard to what
code changes were needed.

> Let me know if anyone has a suggestion ...

Debugging tools are useful.  I'd like to learn what debugging tools are available
in Catalyst, how to enable/disable/configure them, how to find and interpret
their output, and how to fix issues they reveal.  Perhaps what I tripped over
would make a good learning example -- "turn on debugging mode X, thus...", "start
up Catalyst",  "watch it explode",  "read the error message here...", "this is
what it means", "this is how you make your code better", etc..

HTH,

David