[Catalyst] Catalyst and SOAP?

Matthieu Codron matthieu at codron.org
Sun Mar 18 19:02:23 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the best strategy to mix a traditional Catalyst web
app and SOAP web services.

I just would like to quickly expose some actions as web services.
However, I just could not find a Catalyst-ic way to do that (found
Catalyst::Plugin::Server but I'm not sure how to use that one).

For now, I seems that I will need to operate a separate application
(using Apache::SOAP for example) for enabling web services.

As for the "Why SOAP?" question, I'm trying to communicate with
a .Net client application. Since accessing a Web Service in .Net is a
point-and-click operation, it was a no-brainer ... until I saw the
serverside problems, that is :)

Any ideas?

--
Matthieu Codron