[Catalyst] Swish-e

Perrin Harkins pharkins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:52:55 GMT 2007

On 3/22/07, Jim Spath <jspath at pangeamedia.com> wrote:
> What about Xapian?

Never used it.

> I noticed that it has some Catalyst support in the form of
> Catalyst::Model::Xapian.

As long as a module has a decent perl API, you don't really need a
Catalyst::Model class to use it.  You should be able to use any of the
ones you mentioned from Catalyst.

> Xapian also seems like a possible long term solution as it can handle
> more documents that Swish-e or KinoSeach.

Could be.  The biggest complaints about SWISH-E are lack of UTF-8
support and lack of incremental indexing.  It indexes very quickly, so
in practice I haven't seen the latter as an issue, even on large
sites.

- Perrin