[Catalyst] Form Module Dichotomy

Brian Kirkbride brian.kirkbride at deeperbydesign.com
Thu Mar 22 22:59:11 GMT 2007

Alejandro Imass wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a complete backend in HTML::Widget a couple of months ago, and
> now I'm adding new functionallity to another part of the site. The
> question is:
>
> a - Stick with HTML::Widget and wait for FormFu ?
> b - use C::C::FormBuilder ?
>
> I am inclined for option b, but would like some feedback from others
> before going down this path.
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments.
>
> Alejandro

I'm in exactly the same bind and given everything I've seen of FormFu, I'm
definitely opting for (a).  Not to knock FormBuilder at all, people seem to
swear by it but I've not had time to explore it much.

To me it seems that Carl has really designed FormFu to be "like" HTML::Widget
but with many lessons learned.

Best,
Brian