[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema or not?

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Fri Mar 23 21:50:57 GMT 2007

It's valuable to have the model. You will get less redundant, easier to
understand/follow DB interactions and you will, if you need it, have
the DB exposed from templates and such. I don't recommend it but I was
glad to be able to write some TT code a couple weeks ago that looked
more like PHP than Perl. Having the Schema load config file stuff is
another win. No hardcoded connection stuff anywhere.

Except for a tiny performance gain, you might as well just have your
model class inherit from your data logic class; that way you don't have
to fire up Catalyst to use your data-logic-db from a command line
script or a one-off or something.

Plus, think of all the free tech support you'll get from MST. (Joking,
Matt!)

-Ashley