[Catalyst] Problem with POST from IE and Catalyst::Engine::HTTP

Ashley Pond V apv at sedition.com
Fri Mar 23 23:38:28 GMT 2007

On Friday, Mar 23, 2007, at 13:47 US/Pacific, Andy Grundman wrote:
> I believe Safari is fine, it doesn't have the same bug IE does.  Have
> you had problems with it?

Yep. I think I brought this up like … over a year ago. I'll go fire up
a clean test app to make sure it's still an issue and not something
left over from older development I've done.

Yep. Starting a clean App with the test server just hangs Safari:

   Safari can’t open the page.
   Safari could not open the page “http://localhost:3000/” because the
server stopped responding.

-k has no effect. The debug output never shows the request at all. I
*think* IE for Mac (not to support development for it, I know it's
abandon-ware) had the same problem with earlier versions of Cat's test
server but it did not have any trouble just now. I had the same problem
on Safari years ago with a socket level chat server and it had to do
with knowing when to stop reading the incoming request (that's why I
was guessing it might be related to the char counting, line ending
issue). Sorry I don't have the code in front of me to compare.

-Ashley