[Catalyst] Componentised actions.

Oleg Pronin syber.rus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:55:54 GMT 2007

Greetings!

I'm developing a website based on catalyst and want it to be moduled and
componentised the way like this:

site.com/object1/list
   displays objects 1 in empty design.

 site.com/object2/list
   displays objects 2 in empty design.

site.com/nicepage
   displays a page in website design which contains result of processing
actions 'site.com/object1/list' and 'site.com/object2/list'.

The question one is how do i get the output of the actions inserted into
another template ?

i mean something like

page template page template
[% c.forward('/object1/list') %]
page template page template,

just for example, this of course doesn't work.

The question two is how do i know while running in '/object2/list' action
whether action is called from the browser or inserted into another template.

I.e. i want URL site.com/object1/list to display information in site design
while the same action inserted into another template
( pseudo :) [% c.forward('/object1/list') %] )  to display information in
empty desing (i.e. through another VIEW).

Any suggestions ?

Best regards, Pronin Oleg, Rambler Internet Holding.