[Catalyst] Group functions in Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon May 7 14:54:24 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 02:44:01PM +0200, Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a table with "activities" and each of them has a certain
> duration. Each activitiy is assigned to one category.
>
> I want to create a table, in which
>
> a) each category is shown and
> b) for each category the sum of durations of its activities is shown.
>
> In other words, I want to display the results of this query:
>
> select SUM(duration), categories.name
> FROM activities, categories
> WHERE activities.categoryId = categories.id
> GROUP BY activities.categoryId
> ORDER BY categories.name
>
> How can I execute this query in Catalyst and fetch the results?

http://search.cpan.org/~blblack/DBIx-Class-0.07006/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Grouping_results

Assuming you'r using DBIx::Class. Note that questions like this should be asked
on the dbix-class list, not the Catalyst list - Catalyst supports the use of
a number of database libraries and indeed applications that don't use a
database at all, so while a lot of people -are- using DBIC it's still a bit
off-topic :)

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.   Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
                                          http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/