[Catalyst] C::C::FormBuilder debug noise...

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon May 7 15:21:54 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:55:59AM +0200, Marcello Romani wrote:
> >Not only does this work, but I find it more convenient specifying
> >formbuilder config options in one place rather than in every controller
> >that uses CCF. Hope it works for you.
>
> Damn, it works!!
>
> I'll re-read the docs, but I think they just mention the
>
> __PACKAGE__->config(
> 	'Controller::FormBuilder' => {
> 		new => {
> 			debug => 0,
> 		},
> 	},
> );
>
> bit, but don't tell you where to put it.
> It puzzles me somewhat that putting that bit of code in MyApp.pm nothing
> would happen...

Because then you specify it as app-level config not controller-level. If
you want to configure MyApp::Controller::Foo from MyApp you'd want

__PACKAGE__->config(
  'Controller::Foo' => {
    'Controller::FormBuilder' => {
      new => {
        debug => 0,
     },
  }
);

in MyApp.pm - you were confusing the 'Controller::Foo' key that specifies
which component MyApp-level config is for and the 'Controller::FormBuilder'
key that specifies C::C::FB-specific config options within a controller.
The names are sufficiently similar I'm not blaming you though - Juan, maybe
a doc tweak or a clearer name is in order?

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.   Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
                                          http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/