[Catalyst] Problem with RenderView

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 01:28:45 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:31:29PM +0200, Bernhard Graf wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 04:24:12PM +0200, Bernhard Graf wrote:
> > > On Friday 04 May 2007 15:58, Bogdan Lucaciu wrote:
>
> > > Your example is superfluous, because this is what my application
> > > looks like basically.
> >
> > I think you didn't read the documentation, and are being offensive as
> > a result. See my reply to your original message for the mistake
> > you've made.
>
> ~ # man Catalyst::Action::RenderView | grep current_view | wc -l
> Reformatting Catalyst::Action::RenderView(3pm), please wait...
> 0

(from C::A::RenderView POD)
--
see L<Catalyst/"$c->view($name)">
--

looking at that reference,

http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7007/lib/Catalyst.pm#$c-%3Eview($name)

"If the name is omitted, it will look for - a view object in $c->stash{current_view_instance}, then - a view name in $c->stash->{current_view}, then - a config setting 'default_view', or - check if there is only one view, and return it if that's the case."

Like I say, you didn't read the documentation - grep'ing for the wrong thing
is not reading, so my assertion still stands.

I figure Bogdan will take your implementatoin of his "superfluous" advice in
lieu of an apology though, so just try and be more polite next time, please.

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.   Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
                                          http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/