[Catalyst] C::C::FormBuilder debug noise...

Marcello Romani mromani at ottotecnica.com
Tue May 8 07:08:23 GMT 2007

Juan Camacho ha scritto:
> On 5/7/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

>> specifies
>> 'Controller::FormBuilder'
>> controller.
>> Juan, maybe
>> > >

>> > Yes, I'll clarify the documentation and maybe include something about
>> > a Controller base class as a best practice suggestion. Having it in
>> > the synopsis section doesn't seem to provide enough descriptive info
>> > it seems ;)
>>
>> I think making the key 'FormBuilder' instead of 'Controller::FormBuilder'
>> would probably also help people a lot; I understand your desire to
>> keep the
>> C::FB config params namespaced to avoid clashes but it -is- confusing, I
>> have to think about it when I'm helping people using FB :)
>>

> No problem. I'll keep the Controller::FormBuilder for backward
> compatibility of course.

I like the Controller::FormBuilder key. That was not the bit that
confused me.

The really confusing bit is, as already noted, the synopsis section,
where one just reads the bit of code but no hint is given as to where
that snippet belongs.

I assumed that the config code snipped could belong in MyApp.pm because
I thought it would set some sort of default for C::FB. Probably I didn't
realize I was thinking about C::FB more as a plugin than as a base class...

Given the information provided now, I think that the base class approach
is the best way to go, and should definitely included in the docs (or
maybe even in the synopsis section).

--
Marcello Romani
Responsabile IT