[Catalyst] email

Cristina Nunes nunes.cristina at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:22:40 GMT 2007

>From perldoc Net::POP3

----

use Net::POP3;

           # Constructors
           $pop = Net::POP3->new('pop3host');
           $pop = Net::POP3->new('pop3host', Timeout => 60);

           if ($pop->login($username, $password) > 0) {
             my $msgnums = $pop->list; # hashref of msgnum => size
             foreach my $msgnum (keys %$msgnums) {
               my $msg = $pop->get($msgnum);
               print @$msg;
               $pop->delete($msgnum);
             }
           }

----

On 5/7/07, Will Smith <willbelair at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, first of all, I want to apology if this question does not belong to this
> mail list.
>  I am working on an email function that read in pop3 mails and return some
> values such as Subject, From, To, Date. I try Net::POP3, simple code like:
>
>  my $pop = Net::POP3->new('mymailserver.com', Timeout => 60);
>
>  if ($pop->login($username, $password) > 0) {
>    my $msg = $pop->top(1);  # just read the 1 mail
>  }
>
>  ---
>  If I stash out the value of $msg, it is an ARRAY(...) . I'm not sure how to
> manipulate that. I hope that someone (not getting mad because I pop the
> message in wrong room) would help me out a bit with which module is good to
> use for this type of work.
>
>  Thank you

> Searchable archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/

<Alanna> Saying that Java is nice because it works on all OS's is like
saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders