[Catalyst] Re: forwarding to chained actions

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 8 13:14:47 GMT 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 06:35:48PM +0200, Bernhard Graf wrote:
> Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior wrote:
>
> > On 4/24/07, Bernhard Graf <catalyst2 at augensalat.de> wrote:
> > > I don't want to be rude, but could you guys open your own thread
> > > when you want to discuss pros and cons of forwards and redirects?
> >
> > This is the classic XY problem[1]. They're trying to show you that Y
> > is bad for solving X.
> >
> > No one wants to discuss the pros or cons of forwards vs redirects
> > (since it's an already settled debate). They're trying to show you
> > the proper way of solving X.
>
> I've already found *my* proper way. None of the alleged problems apply
> to my application.
>
> That said I would like to repeat my question:
>
> Is there a way to forward to (the end point of) a chained action and run
> the whole action chain again?

No, because in any case where you'd want to do this you should be using
a redirect :)

We don't tend to add features to Catalyst whose sole purpose is to support
bad design - if you want to write your app badly, you get to do it yourself.

Shadowcat Systems Ltd.   Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote
                                          http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/