[Catalyst] Shoot out -- Catalyst / RoR / Other MVC apps --

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Wed May 9 10:45:43 GMT 2007

RA Jones wrote:
> Absolutely - I'm in exactly the same position, and am following almost
> exactly the same process, except that I abandoned RoR early on and
> decided to stick with Perl for the re-write. Catalyst was an entirely
> new concept to me, having progressed from a long-list-of-if-elsif-else
> type scripting -> CGI::Application -> Catalyst/DBIC and found, and am
> still finding, it hard going. The Tutorial was a massive help, without
> which I'm pretty sure I could not have even got off the ground, and so
> is the Catalyst & DBIC mailing lists, but would also find an article on
> next-step development and best practices extremely useful. Count this as
> a vote in favour.

What he said :)

I've spent the last week or so trying to distill out the essence of how
other people have done it (Handel and C::M::DBIC::Schema mostly), but
the amount of unfamiliar modules and coding techniques is making my
brain hurt.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254