[Catalyst] Is it time for a Catalyst Conference yet?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 21:33:41 GMT 2007

--- Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 05:13:03PM -0500, Dave
> Rolsky wrote:
>
> > >Just a general question to the list to see if
> there is interest in
> > >getting together a conference dedicated to
> Catalyst developers.  Or is
> > >the feeling that the normal Perl conferences
> cover all our needs?
> >
> > ..
> >
> > One possibility might be to try to piggyback a
> "Catalyst day" before/after
> > an existing Perl conference like YAPC or OSCON.
> That way you don't have to
> > work as hard to get an audience.
>
> BTW, this is basically what we try to achieve with
> the Hackathons at
> YAPC::Europe: Give certain projects time and place
> to do a
> "Mini-Conference / Workshop" embedded in the YAPC:
>   http://vienna.yapceurope.org/ye2007/cfh.html

I was thinking something like this, something with a
hackthon feel and maybe one or two lightning talks and
some words from the Catalyst main developers about
future thoughts, etc.

I'll check the list of upcoming YAPCs.  Thanks for the
idea.  I just thought to float the idea on the list
and see if there is more than tepid interest.

--john