[Catalyst] How do I have Catalyst access a Controller based on only part of the PATH_INFO

Steve H s_t_e_v_e_h at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 15:20:53 GMT 2007

Hi

I'm used to (albeit a recent Catalyst convert) creating a Controller based
on the whole name of the PATH_INFO, e.g.
  http://localhost:3000/some/structure/like/this
being:
  package my_app::Controller::some::structure::like::this
In a file my_app/lib/my_app/Controller/some/structure/like/this.pm
How would I have a Controller like:
  package my_app::Controller::some::structure
In a file my_app/lib/my_app/Controller/some/structure.pm
and be able to access the remaining "like/this" via PATH_INFO.

In case you are wondering why... I was wanting to have a catalogue menu hit
back into the app at a common point, and use the remaining PATH_INFO to
indicate the specifics of selection made.

This seems like it'd be pretty ordinary to be able to do... just that I
can't see how to from the Catalyst documentation.  It's probably a case of
me not being able to see the wood for the trees ... or it being something
obvious yet documented in an implicit way.... dunno....
going nuts
Steve

Advertisement: Its simple! Sell your car for just $30 at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F838588&_t=762955845&_r=tig_may07&_m=EXT