[Catalyst] Howto use ConfigLoader?

John Romkey romkey at apocalypse.org
Sat May 12 17:09:26 GMT 2007

Since you've got debug enabled, check your output for a line that
looks like:

[debug] Loaded Config ".../myapp.yml"

If you don't see it then the problem is that C:P:ConfigLoader isn't
finding your file. When you build your Catalyst project, catalyst.pl
will leave a .yml file in the root of the project directory... it
uses all lower case for the "myapp" part, even if you used upper-case
in your project name. Try running the built-in server, it should be
able to find that file.

You'll see that message even if there's an error in the config file.
YAML is very sensitive about whitespace. Try running the file through
ysh, the YAML shell, to check for errors. If your project reports the
file being loaded but you still can't see things from it then that's
probably what's going on.

Good luck,
	- john romkey
	http://www.romkey.com/