[Catalyst] running catalyst through mod_perl

John Goulah jgoulah at gmail.com
Mon May 14 23:03:04 GMT 2007

Thanks, I'm using apache 2.2.3 -- That setup does sound much more logical,
and  here is what I have to match the example:

-----
PerlSwitches -I/var/www/registration/lib

PerlModule Registration

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName myhostname
  DocumentRoot /var/www/registration/root

  <Location />
     SetHandler modperl
     PerlResponseHandler Registration
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>
-----

When I start apache, I see everything loading (plugins, classes, private
actions, paths) and then:

[info] Registration powered by Catalyst 5.7007
fork: Cannot allocate memory
unable to fork new process

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
John

On 5/14/07, Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> wrote:

> On May 14, 2007, at 5:09 PM, John Goulah wrote:
>
> > If this is the wrong list, please direct me to the right place.
> > I'm trying to get Catalyst working under apache/mod_perl (works
> > fine with the standalone server).
> >
> > Basically, I have a very simple app called Registration. In apache
> > I set it up like:
> >
> > <Location /registration>
> >  SetHandler perl-script
> >  PerlHandler Registration
> > </Location>
> >
> > If I startup apache through the init.d script, it complains that it
> > cant find Registration.pm in @INC.  The obvious way around this was
> > to set the PERL5LIB env var to the path of my app lib dir, and so
> > this does work:
> >
> >   PERL5LIB=3D/var/www/registration/lib  /usr/sbin/apache2ctl start
>
> Please see the example configurations:
>
> 1.3:
> http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/Catalyst-Engine-Apache-1.09/lib/<http://=
search.cpan.org/%7Eagrundma/Catalyst-Engine-Apache-1.09/lib/>