[Catalyst] Session timeout and re-Authentication from a Frame

Steve H s_t_e_v_e_h at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 11:06:01 GMT 2007

> > A couple of Login/authentication questions:
> >
> > As expected, when using frames, when a session times out and displays
>the
> > Login page, it does so in the frame that is the target for that request.
> > Is there any easy trick to be able to get that Login screen to use
>'_top'
> > as the target? perhaps an intermediary Login response page that can set
>the
> > target then request the proper Login page... although I'd have to play
> > around to make such a thing work, and was wondering is anyone else
>already
> > had a solution/code I could leverage?
>
>window.parent.location =

Given the response already has it's target window, the Login screen will
just get rendered there.  I was thinking of a solution that maybe writes an
intermediary response page that onLoad() sets the location and target to
_TOP then calls the real Login page.
In asking the mailing list, I was wondering whether anyone else has already
covered that ground rather all of us busting out new stuff.

As an evolution to the Authentication mechanism, I was wondering whether
anyone had broached

>maybe? I stopped using frames a long time ago :)

The use of Frames in this situation seemed to have merit.  Its a Shopping
Cart component... that has a JavaScript-driven expandable menu with quite a
few hundred possible nodes.  I wanted to avoid the latency dealing with the
menu every time the consumer expanded/collapsed a node... or viewed the
asssociated products.  Still, any other thoughts on that sort of thing would
also be welcome.

As an evolution to the Authentication mechanism, I was wondering whether
anyone had tackled the below.