[Catalyst] catalyst tutorial: MyAppDB/Book.pm vs. MyApp/Model/Book.pm

Daniel Hulme st at istic.org
Tue May 15 21:00:28 GMT 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:37:57PM -0700, mla wrote:
> Daniel Hulme wrote:
> >>That's neat, although I prefer tools that presume I know that I'm doing.
> >
> >Why would you want to fetch columns that don't exist in the table?

> In the read-only case it would be more like this:
>
>   my @users = Try::User->find_by_sql(qq{
>     SELECT first_name
>            ,last_name
>            ,num_posts
>       FROM users
>            LEFT JOIN (
>               SELECT user_id
>                      ,count(*) AS num_posts
>                 FROM posts
>              GROUP BY user_id
>            ) USING (user_id)
>   });
I see. I totally misunderstood what you meant by "columns that don't
exist in the table". I didn't realise you meant columns computed by the
RDBMS.

Thanks for clueing me in.

--
Pray remember that Bacchus was a warrior, and that his armies had little
fighting to do, because  wherever he appeared  he taught the cultivation