[Catalyst] Deployment of many Catalyst sites on the same machine

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue May 15 22:15:52 GMT 2007

On 5/15/07, Ian Docherty <catalyst at iandocherty.com> wrote:
> What would you suggest for multiple instances of the same application?
>
> MyApp  => 'first.example.com'
> MyApp => 'second.example.com'
>
> I presume there would be no choice in this case but to use an fcgi
> handler for each one and mod-perl can't be used at all in this case?

It seems like most applications should support that with no problem.
The only time it's an issue is when you want to run separate versions
of the same module in each one, i.e. Foo.pm is different under the
first and second.  Or if you used package variables for data that
should have been instance specific.

The standard solution for mod_perl in that case would be to run a
separate mod_perl backend for each, essentially the same as for FCGI.

- Perrin