[Catalyst] Catalyst merchandise

Mike Whitaker mike at altrion.org
Thu May 17 23:48:48 GMT 2007

After a bit of discussion on IRC, and some tweaking in Illustrator,
we present (with thanks to jshirley for finding the EPS version of
the logo!):

The Catalyst Online Store - http://www.cafepress.com/catalystdev

Your home for Catalyst t-shirts, caps, mugs, and mousemats.

In the interests of getting things up and having folks wearing the
logo out in the field, I've set this up using CafePress because it's
quick and easy.

Prices start at $11.99 + p&p for a value t-shirt, more for the better
quality ones. Most items are set up at a markup of $2 over base cost
from CafePress.

It's not my intention to make any personal profit out of this, and
I'm very keen for that to be /seen/ to be the case. I'll be
presenting a regular (monthly) statement of sales to the mailing
list, and my intention is that that money be held to fund things for
Catalyst development, be it monetary bounties (or a t-shirt) for
adding a feature, grants to get folks to conventions if it would
benefit Catalyst, etc. I will, in general, seek the advice of the
core devs before handing funds out.

Note that for conventions, I (as the listed owner) can get a bulk
discount on multiple (15+) orders of the same item (mix of sizes ok)
for sale at a convention. From choice, I'd prefer to do this by
taking money out of the store profits ('CafeCash') to front up for it
rather than my own credit card, but talk to me if you need to work
something out.

It's open - so get buying, support Catalyst development, and help
spread the word. Catalyst teams? Go lean on your boss...
--
Mike Whitaker   \ Yahoo! UK Ltd, internal CMS team
mike at altrion.org \ Perl developer, writer, guitarist, photographer