[Catalyst] Encrypt /Decrypt URI

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Fri May 18 11:53:36 GMT 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:35:21PM +0530, Harshal Shah wrote:
>    Hi Chisel,
>
>    just didn't want user to see the  url details.....to prevent unauthorized
>    access...
>
>    I know authorization plugin does the same ..but i had too many rules and
>    conditions..so I thought it would be lot simpler if users can't figure out
>    the urls ..

Security through obscurity isn't security at all.

Someone will find out, work out, or just plain guess the URLs you don't
want them to find.
So you'd want auth-access anyway ... just to $c->res->content(q{ner ner
ner!}) them.

--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  For this and the answers to many other questions don't ask me.