[Catalyst] Encrypt /Decrypt URI

Harshal Shah harshal.shah at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:08:37 GMT 2007

Hi Matt,

sorry for misleading ..but my problem is quite similar to
http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/msg01940.html

I got it to work by keeping my auth code in "auto" ..its just that ..I had
seen a mod_perl application ..which use to encrypt urls to add one more
level of check.

One could decipher URL at mod_perl stage ..but could not figure out how to
do that when catalyst handles the request.

thanks

Harshal Shah

On 5/18/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 03:35:21PM +0530, Harshal Shah wrote:
> > Hi Chisel,
> >
> > just didn't want user to see the  url details.....to prevent
> unauthorized
> > access...
> >
> > I know authorization plugin does the same ..but i had too many rules and
> > conditions..so I thought it would be lot simpler if users can't figure
> out
> > the urls ..
>
> Then you should have asked the list "how do I make my authorization code
> simpler?" rather than picked a half-assed non-solution and then asking us
> help with that. That's why I asked for more info to start with, I can
> smell
> when somebody's done that a mile off.
>
> Now, how can we help you with your authorization code? :)
>
> --
>       Matt S Trout       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class
> project?
>    Technical Director    Want a managed development or deployment
> platform?
> Shadowcat Systems Ltd.  Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a
> quote
> http://chainsawblues.vox.com/
> http://www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/

> Searchable archive: