[Catalyst] Re: Form validation in insert() and update()?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun May 20 13:59:29 GMT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 12:39:00AM -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> No, I mean the session. I always keep the URIs for my form display and
> form submission separate, and I do a redirect after form submission.

I used to do that, but I've found that what I thought were style reasons
mostly turned out to be insufficiently flexible tooling reasons and I'm
finding one URI works pretty well under Cat.

Would you mind elaborating as to why you're keeping separate URIs? (rather
than one that behaves differently on GET vs. POST)

> In the Catalyst case, I generally take advantage of the flash feature,
> since it's perfect for this sort of stuff.

That's cuz we stole it lock, stock and barrel from rails which implemented
it for exactly that.

I'm not sure I've ever used ->flash myself :)