[Catalyst] ActiveRecord for Perl

Adam Bartosik adam.bartosik at hurra.com
Tue May 22 08:33:37 GMT 2007

> I'm considering trying to port Ruby's ActiveRecord to Perl
> as a lightweight ORM option (with some small changes
> maybe, like composite PKs). If anyone's interested, toss
> me a message privately and we'll coordinate.

What I found missing in DBIx::Class is AR method find_by_sql(sql).
We use catalyst&dbix for months (kind of data-warehouse project), but
rewriting complex, read-only SQL statements to dbix/perl notation is for
me a waste of time (when editing & updating tables with ORM is so fast
to code and intuitive).

However is it worth to build just-another-orm for perl when DBIx::Class
is not so far to be really good one?

--
Adam.Bartosik at hurra.com  http://www.hurra-communications.com/
$ o m e    t e a m  .  d e v e l o p e r