[Catalyst] Re: ActiveRecord for Perl

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Tue May 22 18:00:53 GMT 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 03:00:20PM +0200, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Adam Bartosik <adam.bartosik at hurra.com> [2007-05-22 13:05]:
> > Because of flexibility, Catalyst could be very difficult at
> > start (many chooses)
>
> I hear that a lot. I don???t get it, though. The tutorial tells you
> to use TT and DBIC. If you install the Catalyst glue for them,
> you get helper support for both. It doesn???t seem to me like you
> have to make any choices, unless you feel a need to question the
> community.

In our case, the choice of form validators is what really took time.
I started with Catalyst::Plugin::FormValidator, as suggested in the tutorial,
but found it inadequate.  Then we tried Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder.
Now we're using Form::Processor.

I guess we're not the only ones who've been in this quandary, based on
1) the long recent thread on form validators and 2) the active
development of alternatives like HTML::FormFu.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/