[Catalyst] Sending email from Catalyst and scripts

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed May 23 10:32:31 GMT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 07:41:21AM +0100, Mark Zealey wrote:
> Why can you not do something like $c->stash->{emails_to_send} and then just
> fire them off in the end() action after the page has been returned to the
> remote browser?

Because I don't want to spend any longer between *click* and "page
loaded" than I have to.
I feel happier having a queue of emails that I can process at my
leisure.

I don't have any benchmarking or test cases to show that my way is
better, or faster - but I'm not claiming this. It's Just The Way I Do It
and it makes me feel more comfortable with the process.
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  Sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose.