[Catalyst] Debian + CPAN (was: Session unexpectedly expiring)

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Wed May 23 17:49:31 GMT 2007

Jeff Chimene wrote:
> FWIW, I'm not thrilled w/ Debianized Perl modules; I've been attempting
> to migrate away from Debianized Perl to CPAN only. There may be some
> inherent limitations in that approach.

I've been trying to go the other way and install as little as possible
from CPAN. For those situations where Debian doesn't have it, or I need
a newer version than the Debian one, I use dh-make-perl.

Works straight from CPAN most of the time, but sometimes you need to
download first and hack the Makefile a bit.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254