[Catalyst] Two Strange Catalyst/Apache Issues

Randy J. Ray randy.j.ray at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:46:55 GMT 2007

On 5/25/07, Carl Johnstone <catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk> wrote:

> > <Perl>
> >     use lib qw(/.../bylines); # This block only matters when the app is
> > outside the default Perl areas
> > </Perl>
>
> Is that really what you have? ... probably is right, and you are missing
> the
> lib of the end of the path?

In this configuration, that is the directory that holds the start of the
module hierarchy. Bylines.pm is there, as are the Model, View and Controller
directories.

What continues to vex me, is that when I load the modules from one location,
everything loads and runs fine (my db problem has magically gone away,
even). But when I install them outside of the site_perl root, Catalyst tries
to explicitly load Bylines::Model::DB::Users, when ::DB::Users is a
plugged-in class from DBIC, that was created from Bylines::Model::DB being a
subclass of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema and being configured with
schema_class.

Randy
-- =

Randy J. Ray / randy.j.ray at gmail.com